Friday, April 28, 2006

The TOOZ Pre-Draft -Updated

UPDATED (12:31 am, Saturday Draft Day Morning) : I have been in mental masturbation mode since its been reported that The Houston Stupid Texans have inked DE Mario Williams, and are passing on Reggie Gale Sayers Bush, opening the door for Al Davis to move the Silver and Black into the 2nd spot to take Bush... I officially would give my left nut and next years first and whatever else the Saints want for Bush... Bush is one of those once in a lifetime players... I can't believe the Saints would pass on taking Bush as well, but who knows? They have alot of needs and everyone has a price... This is too much for me to take... I am going to try to go to sleep now... looks like my wife will be woken from her sleep!!!

Here is what I think about what I think might happen with our beloved Silver and Black tomorrow:

1) stay at number 7 and take DT Haloti Ngata: dude is quick and big and we need some depth with Big Ted gone and Hungry Man Warren coming off the injury…

2) stay at number 7 and take Texas DB Huff… very huge need, may not have to move get him…

3) move up to take QB Young… with all this talk about Al Davis’ love for Young part of me says there is no way he takes Young… no one knows what Mr. Davis really wants and if someone/media thinks they do, they are likely wrong…

4) move up to take QB Leinart… could it be? not too long ago, I thought this was impossible... part of me says this is my dream pick… Matt would have been the #1 overall pick had he come out last year... he is as ready to play pro as anyone has been, a better Carson Palmer - maybe not arm strength wise, but leadership, decision making, intangibles put him in my dream pick category… anyone who says he is not ready for the NFL or that he would not fit the Raider Vertical Game does not know what they are talking about... comparisons to the Snake Stabler are very accurate - being a lefty is obvious but few seem to remember that Snake had average arm strength as well... there are rumours out there thay Matt may even fall to us at 7 if the Titans don’t take him… too good to be true? We will see…. I LOVE the freaking draft!!!

Raiders QB situation:
It doesn’t matter who is at QB, Brooks/Walter/Leinart/Young or Peyton Freakin Manning, if our Oline does not improve dramatically we will be destined for another losing season… but that is precisely why I am optimistic for this coming season… the Great Art Shell is our Head Coach, Jackie Slater and Irv Eatman are our Co-Oline Coaches… is that a point of emphasis or what???… rumours are that Gallery finally moves to Left Tackle… that with a healthy Langston Walker, FA OG pickup Garmon , emerging talent Chad Slaughter (my darkhorse starter BTW) and the subtraction of Barry ‘Ole’ Sims (sorry I just have it in for him after a pathetic 05), I think we have something cooking…

Re Aaron Brooks: you might think I’m nuts but I’m glad we picked up him over Culpepper and Brees… with Culpepper completely blowing out his knee last year, the price was just way too high… same for Brees, the guy never had a strong arm to begin with and with his shoulder the way it was, again price was way too high… In Brooks we’ver got a career 120 TD vs 80 Int ratio including last year's terrible performance... lets be fair, the whole Saints team was horrible and has been horrible for a long time… no he is not a long term answer and yes he will make a terrible decision now and then, but considering what was out there, we made out like bandits getting Brooks… just wait until we see some improv scrambling, buying time for Randy to get wide open… 10235

No comments: