Saturday, September 16, 2006

Slaughter the Ravens

I know I may regret this come tomorrow's tilt with the Ravens but, I'm very happy that OT Chad Slaughter was tabbed to start for the injured Robert Gallery.

Replacing Gallery in last season's finale, Slaughter more than held his own against Giants Probowl DE Michael Strahan... heck, Slaughter roughed Strahan up!...

Slaughter is listed at 6'8" and 340 lbs... Coach Shell talked this week about his toughness and long, strong arms. I especially like Slaughter's punch move that he uses to keep defenders from getting leverage... I was hoping through training camp that Slaughter would find his way to the starting line-up this year, maybe this is his shot... if he plays like he did last year, I've got to think there will be a place for him, maybe at Right Tackle... and hay, he wears his boss's old number!!!!

The Game: well, to be honest, I'm not banking on a win for the Raiders... can the Raiders win? sure, but the combination of the Ravens D and our Offense's mess is too much at this point, it spels dizasster... but, we can progress with a loss as well... If the O-line can stop being a sieve, if the can protect Brooks and open holes for Jordan, and if our D and ST continue to play solid and show improvement, I'd be happy at this point.

15345

No comments: