Friday, March 04, 2005

"On Moonlight Bay"


Moss: "Who wouldn't want to be in the Silver and Black?... I want to get back to being a dangerous football player...I'm committed to excellence and I just want to win, baby."

Oakland Coach Norv Turner: "I have been on the edge of my seat the last 10 days. This is unbelievable... I thought I was going through a real bad incident of road rage, a guy was honking at me ... I thought I had cut him off. He pulled up and was hitting on his window, so I rolled my window down and said, 'What's going on?' And he goes, 'Ran-dy! Ran-dy!'"


Moss: "Mr. Davis can't draft EVERBODY"

Randy Moss is an Oakland Raider...Still hard to believe, but somehow very natural, seemingly inevitable...

Just a few points:

  • Any time you can obtain a Franchise Player, do what ever you can to get it done... any time you can steal a Franchise Player?... WOW...
  • What were the Vikings thinking? You just don't give up a Franchise Player for 1st and 7th round draft picks and an underachieving LB. This was the Herschel Walker Trade all over again... laughable...
  • The Vikes already paid out Moss' guaranteed bonus... along with Moss restructuring his contract for the Silver and Black, the Raiders signing of Moss has little impact on their salary cap administration... too good to be true, but it is...
  • Moss said he wants to "get back to being a dangerous football player"... Pardon?!?!?!
  • Moss changes everything on the field, can break a TD at anytime, cannot be stopped... the best weapon in Silver and Black since the Great Bo Jackson...
  • watching the introductory press conference, I was taken by Moss' facial expression and body language... it looked like Randy Moss, but without the brooding persona/tough exterior we are used to seeing... its clear that for the first time in his professional life, he truly feels wanted and appreciated...
  • While the Raiders were acquiring Randy Moss and LaMont Jordan, the Tampa Bay Buccaneers restructured Brian Griese's contact and signed Kicker Matt Bryant... Jon and Bruce who???
  • When the Moss trade was finalized, the Green Bay, Detroit and Chicago defensive coordinators celebrated while the KC, Denver and San Diego staffs assumed the fetal position...
  • Al Davis may have made the most important move in Raider Franchise History...

No comments: