Friday, April 25, 2008

What ever happens, Al will be meddling, Kiffin will be pissed...

So here we are... Kiffin's still coach, Raiders have made major moves this off-season through free agency (keeping their own and bringing others), through trade and even an upgrade to the coaching staff... lots of money, players are excited... and the media HATES it... the only thing I will say on this - the team finished 4-12, no kidding their was lots of stuff happening behind closed doors... no one was happy, battles took place... why is that such a surprise? why was this such a big deal? It would have worried me if Al Davis and Lane Kiffin and Rob Ryan got together and sang "kum-buy-yah", THATs what would have been disfunctional... that no one was happy, that lots of doors slammed, lots of arguing... THATs normal, THATs fully functional as opposed to disfunctional... that said, lets get ready for the media BS Anti-Raider spin... if its McFadden, Al is meddling, if its Christopher, Al is a dictator... if its Gholsten, Al is meddling, blah, blah, blah...

My thoughts on tomorrow - wow, who ever it is at 4 - Dorsey, Christopher, McFadden - my gosh we are getting a great player, who will help right away... Personally I have been mentally masturbating about Christopher since October - its just too good to be true, the pedigree, the motor, the production, the Raider family, filling a need... I really think that as much as the run D has stunk, it all starts on D with shut-down corners and a great pass rush... now with D Hall we have the corner tandem we need... now we need to scare QBs... Christopher is the player that will help the most, throw him down with Burgess - yes, thats what I want more than anything...

However, I just can't see Christopher falling to 4, it could happen but I don't think it will - maybe I'm doing reverse psych on myself, but I don't see the Rams not going with Christopher...

Dorsey would be a wonderful fit - a need, a great and dominating player, and in my mind most importantly, a Leader, I would be thrilled with Dorsey as well... but I think we would pass the LSU phenom up for McFadden... and without Christopher give me McFadden... sure we've got numbers at RB, but we don't have that player that really scares the D... JaMarcus needs a weapon like this to make him better... McFadden gives us another dimension... watching his clips, he is Marcus Allen and Eric Dickerson... If Bush is anywhere were he was,with Justin, wow what a backfield... if its McFadden I won't mourn over Christopher for Long... unless, God forbid Christopher becomes a Chief

To all my Greek Orthodox friends, Kristos Anestis, we will have the lamb on the spit on Sunday!!!!!!

No comments: